Saturday, March 10, 2012

Sequels I'm Excited for.. For Uncommon Reasons!

2011 Was a great year for games, but sequels in particular. With the release of Battlefield 3, Uncharted 3, Portal 2, MW3, inFamous 2 and more, 2011 was definitely considered, and will be considered the best year for sequels for years to come. Or not?
2012 is on the right path for that title, with likes of Borderlands 2, Black Ops 2, Prototype 2, KH3D, Bioshock Infinite and ofcourse, Assassin's Creed III, 2012 has a chance of being another year of sequels. And I'm excited for many of these games.

But not for the reason you might think. Well, maybe ontop of the reason you're thinking.
You see, it's been years since Borderlands and Prototype have made their debut, at least 2-3 and games have developed wildly in the mean time! With that said, Borderlands has a pretty dead world. You cant interact with nothing, shooting certain stuff won't even leave a mark and NPC's are pretty much dolls. I look forward to a world like Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, where everyone is alive and respond to your actions.
In Prototype, I look forward to the graphics really, since it came out with horrible looking graphics, and New York city wasn't the best looking city.
KH3D is NOT a game I'm looking forward to play, for the simple reason that I can't. No 3DS. And no plans to buy one, especially with my Vita being bought in November, I won't have money to buy a 3DS, and anyways, I'm not buying one just for 1 game. But I will look up all the cutscenes on Youtube like I did for Re:Coded.
If you've read my post about Battlefield and Call of Duty, you'll know I'm not a fan of the annual CoD releases, because it's basically the same. But in Black Ops 2's case, I am looking forward for to see what Treyarch does this time around with the popular Zombies mode. With YouTubers like Syndicate (Search TheSyndicateProject on YouTube), Treyarch have come to learn that the Zombies mode has a really big fanbase! The demands for a lone Zombie game are high but very unlikely in my opinion because they can pack the same amount of content in a lone Zombies game as they can a Call of Duty branded game+ expensive DLC  and make even more money. It's called business. Or being a b*tch, what you feel is right. ;)

Thanks for reading, and as always-
Good Gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment